Image Map

How-to: Install CommentLuv on Blogger

Today is a happy day!

I know lots of Blogger users have had issues with the fact that the comments section of the blogging platform is a) completely unnoticeable and b) does not allow for a real and engaging interaction with your readers.  

A while back, I noticed the CommentLuv widget on many blogs I read, most notably the SITS Girls blog, and I really love how easy it makes commenting and how it truly shares the love by allowing commenters to link back to their most recent post.  For a long while, I've been determined to add this feature to my blog and after many failed attempts, I've finally done it!  Thanks to the help of this great tutorial.

If you're using the new Blogger interface,  I found that the following steps really helped me:

1.  Temporarily switch back to the old interface - you won't lose anything!
2.  Follow the installation steps provided in the tutorial here.
3.  Save all of your settings.
4.  Sign out of Blogger.  The sign back in.
5.  Write out a 'Test' post to make sure you've installed correctly. Then preview it.
6.  Voila! You should see your brand spanking new CommentLuv widget ready for action.


How about you leave me some CommentLuv to celebrate what I consider to be a significant achievement today!

*****